Monday 23 December 2013

Frrrrrrozen Toronto

While many folks around Toronto were clinging to whatever source of battery or heat they could get their hands on, I tried my hand at the lighter side of this ice storm we had here in Toronto.  Alli and I were fortunate enough not to have our power cut out when so many others in Toronto had nothing.  Now in all fairness, I have had my fair share of no power and/or heat in the aging building we live in (built back in the 1930s) so it wasn't as if I was basking in the glory of it or anything.  I just wanted to remind folks around Toronto that despite the bad weather, there were some beautiful sights and sounds happening around them.  If it's cold in your apartment or house, get outside!


It's going to be the same temperature outside so you might as well enjoy it for the time being.  You know... the glass is half full?  So that being said, Alli and I went for a nice long Sunday walk and snapped a few photos of what was going on in the city that day.  I'm hoping this paints a different picture than what the news was reporting.


(Overcast day and frozen tree limbs made for great black and white photos.)


(Damn focus didn't want to work until he/she flew away!)



(A wooden archway you could walk through had been dripping all night and then froze in the morning.)


(And inside the wooden archway was some chicken wire that worked out to be a great shot!)









I will try and have more photos uploaded as soon as I get a chance to edit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment